Picking oneself up after a fall
Seasons. Which season of my life am I in?
Over the past few weeks, the feeling of brokenness is what I have been acquainted with. I started out feeling all-excited to meet my ex-students, in the hope that I can do more for them. I started out all-set to undertake the new challenges that await me: this includes meeting a new batch of students. I started out believing in my calling to be a teacher.
As the realities of work set in, however, I realised that little by little, my enthusiasm is waning; little by little, my confidence is dipping. So many times throughout the weeks, I would feel discouraged and wish that I could give up altogether.
I've been doing some serious thinking, asking myself if my ideals have turned sour. And I've come to the decision that I cannot and will not give up at this point in time. Really, it is not in my character to give up just because of a few setbacks. Picking oneself up after a fall is something I've always lived by so let me practise it now. I remember a quote from The Little Prince which says that "If you want to see butterflies, you will have to endure a few caterpillars". Because I want to see butterflies in time to come, I will press on no matter how tough the times may be. I have a passion for teaching; and nothing will ever change that fact. Nothing at all.

1 Comments:
I'm happy to see that you have recovered from the depression. A lot of things happen not because of your fault, so dun need to be upset about them. I believe God always has its good and unfathomable intentions by still allowing these seemingly unfortunate events to happen. If it's our fault, then reflect, repent and change. I agree with you: We shd never give up and run away from challenges. Anticipate my next entry. I'll share with my readers how God has encouraged me the very next day after I blogged abt 4/4.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home