On returning
All too quickly, the vacation is drawing to a close. It seems as if the past six months did not just pass me by; it whizzed past. I remember talking to a bunch of students just outside the staffroom on the last day of school last October. And they were telling me that I must return to CSS after my training. In less than a week's time, I will be back. I have not quite finished my training but then again, the next ten weeks (practicum) that I will spend in the school is part of my training.
I was over the moon when I first learnt that MOE has posted me back to do my practicum. Strange how as the day approaches, apprehensions are beginning to set in. Am I excited to be back? Yes, I am. I look forward to meeting some of my colleagues and students, who have important roles to play in making me so fond of the school. Then what is it? Perhaps it has to do with the nagging fear that I may not be good enough, personal expectations, and anxieties of the unknown (As a student, I am trouble-free so long as I submit my homework on time. But in the working world, it's a different story altogether. I have learnt the importance of being on my toes), etc.
Well, I will be back on Monday. Though the training is a mere ten weeks, I still hope to be able to deposit something into all my students be it knowledge, skills or values. Grace, grace, I really need more grace in my life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home