Puppies for Sale
A friend of mine told me a story which I found to be very meaningful:
A little boy was walking along the streets when a sign caught his attention. The banner read: “Puppies for Sale.” The little boy found his way to the pet shop which was just around the corner. There, he was greeted by the friendly shop keeper.
“Hi! Can I have a look at the puppies here?”
“Sure!”
The shop keeper snapped his fingers, whistled and all the puppies immediately ran out from their kennels into the vast, open field. Right behind however, was a puppy which was struggling to keep up with its peers for it was limping its way to the field, little by little, inch by inch.
“I want this puppy!” the little boy enthused as he pointed to the puppy which was lagging behind all its peers. He was beaming with joy and his excitement was palpable.
The store owner looked at the boy in utter disbelief and said, "Surely you don’t want this dog. It is crippled. It will not be able to run, jump or play with you like all the other puppies!”
Upon hearing these words, the little boy reached down and rolled up his pants to reveal a badly twisted, crippled left leg supported by a big metal brace. He looked up at the store owner and softly replied, "Well, I cannot run very fast either and I need someone who is of this pace. I believe that this puppy needs company as well.”

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home