A Healthy Lifestyle--Speech for Morning Assembly


Stephanie and Aloysius rehearsing for Wed's morning assembly!
Theme: Healthy Lifestyle
Date: Wednesday, 25th October 2006
Presenters: Aloysius Poh and Stephanie Quak (Sec 1/5)
A: Good Morning Mdm Ng, Mrs. Choo, teachers and fellow schoolmates. I am Aloysius and she’s Stephanie from 1/5. Our topic for this morning’s assembly is ‘A Healthy Lifestyle’.
A: Morning Stephanie! Man, I see you’re munching on your apples again.
S: Haha, Stephanie and apples, apples and Stephanie! Want one? I’ve another apple in my bag.
A: Oh no no…mind if I ask you a question?
S: Speak your mind bro!
A: What’s so great about apples?
S: Oh…they’re crunchy, they’re tasty, they keep me healthy. But most of all, they guarantee me of my beauty.
A: So does eating apples make you poetic too?
A and S: (laugh out loud)
A: (grabs an apple to munch) Hmmm…tastes superb! Apples are crunchy, apples are tasty, they keep me healthy. But most of all, they guarantee me of my masculinity.
A and S: (laugh out loud)
S: How about you? What do you usually do to keep fit?
A: Me? I have a regular exercise regime. Every Monday and Wednesday, Dad and I will go jogging together. On Friday evenings, I’ll cycle around Pasir Ris Park and Saturdays are strictly reserved for soccer.
S: Oh my! I’m thoroughly impressed!
A: Hehe…doing sports together is how we guys bond, just like how you girls bond over high tea.
S: Hey! Is that an insult?
A: Er no, just an observation. But since we’re on the topic of healthy lifestyle, allow me to let you in on a secret. Exercise need not always be of the vigorous sort you know.
S: (looks puzzled)
A: Yea, serious. I mean, you can always brisk walk. That’s what I do when I cannot afford the time to exercise as often, such as during the exam period. Or even now, with the haze. Outdoor activities are not advisable but we can brisk walk. Like this (demo)
S: Like this? (action)
A: Yea, yea.
S: Good idea. Hey, thanks.
A and S: (laugh) Dear friends, even with the coming of the school holidays, let us remember the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle. Play hard, eat well and sleep well!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home