Report Writing
You witnessed an argument between two of your schoolmates while you were on your way home. Their argument became more heated and a fight soon broke out. This resulted in one of them being severely injured. You were asked by the discipline master to write a report to describe what had happened.
You must include information on the following:
· Where and when the incident happened
· Describe in detail how the incident started
· Describe how you and the others reacted
· How badly hurt was the injured
· How the incident ended
You should include any further information which you think would be useful.
Your account should be written in clear, correct English.
19 September 2006
Mandy Tan
Block 246
#09-275
Pasir Ris Street 21
Singapore 789246
Mr Wong Lee Min
Discipline Master
Coral Secondary School
24 Pasir Ris Drive 4
Singapore 789005
Report of a fight which broke out between two of my classmates
On Friday, 15th September, at approximately 3 p.m., I witnessed a fight between two of my classmates at the food court at Whitesands Shopping Centre. I am writing this report to give you a clearer picture of what happened that day.
I had lunch at a foodcourt in Whitesands Shopping Centre that day and was about to leave for home when I heard some shouting from the drinks stall. Out of curiosity, I picked up my belongings and went forward to see what the commotion was about. Two of my classmates, Lim Jun Wee and Marcus, were having an argument in front of the drinks stall. Jun Wee shouted at Marcus for jumping the queue and Marcus retorted that it was none of his business. Jun Wee took offence at Marcus’ words and gave him a shove, causing Marcus to stumble backwards and knocked into another boy standing nearby.
Marcus looked shocked at first but almost immediately rose up and pushed Jun Wee to the floor. They started exchanging punches and all the surrounding people, including me, were too dumbfounded to react. A man stepped forward to intervene but they refused to stop fighting. All of a sudden, Jun Wee grabbed hold of a can of soft drink and threw it hard at Marcus, hitting him on the forehead. Marcus doubled over, and I could see blood trickling through his fingers where he was holding his forehead.
Jun Wee looked stunned by what he did and stood firmly rooted to the ground. A lady fished out her mobile phone and called for an ambulance which arrived about ten minutes later. Marcus was then sent to the hospital. Jun Wee started to cry and I went forward to help him. Miss Goh, our Science teacher, happened to be in the shopping centre at that time and learnt about the incident when she asked some passers-by about the commotion.
She immediately came to us and escorted us back to school. I was told that I could leave after telling the principal what had happened in detail. Jun Wee had to wait in school for his parents to arrive. As for Marcus, he suffered from a mild concussion and had to have seven stitches on his forehead. Jun Wee also had some minor scratches on his forearms.
I hope that my statement will enable you to have a better understanding of what took place during the incident.
Mandy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home