Beauty World Cha-cha-cha
Even as I am typing this entry, the line ���Beauty World Cha-cha-cha��� is ringing in my ears incessantly. I have been looking forward to watching this musical the entire week; I am so glad it didn���t disappoint!
The plot, by itself, is simple enough. It tells of Ivy Chan Poh Choo, a sweet and innocent girl, who travels from the backward Batu Phahat to Singapore in search of her father. She ends up in a sleazy cabaret, called Beauty World.
The songs, however, are marvellous. ���Beauty World Cha-cha-cha���, ���Look at Me���, ���Counting our Blessings���, ���Another world���, ���I Didn���t Care������well, I love them all! One particular song which many will remember is ���Ivy���. Although this is supposed to be an emotionally-charged and romantic song, Dwayne Tan did an excellent job at tickling the toes of the audience when he went ���My I-I-I Ivy��� (which really sounds like ���My Ah ha-ha-ha Ivy���).
Singaporean humour and dialect (Cantonese) have also infused into the musical; and I found it strangely comforting. I always think that we should not be ashamed of our unique Singaporean style.
Love the props and costumes of the characters too. These are the fine finishing touches that make the watching of 'Beauty World' such a delightful experience!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home